Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome!

Hope that everyone had a great reading days and is excited about meeting in their small groups this week! I have received some interest in holding a little workshop/introduction to microfinance. I think that Jarrett and I can introduce that as the first big group presentation, next Tuesday. Also, the microfinance webcast should hopefully be a great source of information! (Remember - Monday the 25th 7-9pm Sci Center AG14!)

If you want to do some reading:
An introduction: "The Microfinance Revolution: An Overview"
This is a little more intensive, but here is a blog I like: "David Roodman's Microfinance Open Book." He is in the process of writing a textbook on the history and impact of microfinance, and he makes chapters available through his blog as he finishes them.
Also, if you are an econ major, "The Economics of Microfinance" is an awesome read. I also have "Banker to the Poor" which is by Muhammad Yunus (who developed the concept of microfinance) and is less technical. I believe both books are at the library but let me know if you want to borrow one.

I will get into more specific topics later, but hopefully this material is helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment